God's Invitation

Each of the promises from God can usually be summarized in a word. Here's the first one: Invitation. Look at Jeremiah 33:2, God Himself is giving the invitation: “Thus says the LORD,” which is God’s way of saying, “Jeremiah, take a memo.” This title, ”LORD,” is God's personal, covenant name. That's God making a covenant commitment to you. If you have turned from your sin and embraced Jesus Christ by faith for your forgiveness, God has made a covenant with you. He has said, “I have sworn by My own name" (see Hebrews 6:13-20). God has promised to do some things for you. Now it doesn't matter what you've done because God has made some commitments regardless of your past.

The enemy would say to us, "Because of what you did, it's over with you and God."

But God says, "I am the LORD. I have made a covenant with you." Our relationship with God may look like simple exchange of affection between two parties, but the truth is we can’t keep up our end of things. We can’t match anything God does for us. But God does His part even when we fail to do ours. Paul captured how this works in 2 Timothy 2:11-13, “If we have died with Him, we will also live with Him; if we endure, we will also reign with Him; if we deny Him, He also will deny us; if we are faithless, He remains faithful—for He cannot deny Himself.”  God has made a covenant with us and He will not deny Himself. This is an awesome promise.

Prayer: Father, I quiet myself before You right now in awe and fear, knowing I desperately need Your constant help in the dying with You and living with You part of that promise. Thank You for revealing to us that You will never deny Yourself, despite our faithlessness. I’m living and believing that You’re holding on to me so much more than I am holding on to You! And for that, I am forever grateful.  In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Genesis 17: Abram is Named Abraham (NLT)

Genesis 13-14: Abram and Lot

Genesis 10: The Descendants of Japheth, Ham, and Shem